The global market for healthcare transportation Services valued at $79.43 billion in 2017 is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of nearly 4.2% during the forecast period. Hospitals are estimated to be the largest market for global healthcare transportation growing at a CAGR of 4.91% with $37.2 billion in 2017.The Major factors driving this market comprises of increasing emphasis on improving healthcare system, growing need for quick transportation of samples and specimens for testing and increased focus reducing logistics cost.
What is Healthcare Transportation Services?
The Healthcare Transportation is a set of systematic process by which health related critical material are transported to and from various location within the healthcare system. The Healthcare Transportation Services enable the convenient movements of patients, medicines, machines and samples & specimens for testing.
What are the major end users of Healthcare Transportation Services?
Healthcare Transportation services provide support to the patients in many ways. They provide all kind of mobility and medical transaction services from one pale to other. Non-Emergency Medical Transportation services is required for unfavorable Medicaid receivers, such as old aged, disabled, and financially backward people who are not able to access healthcare transportation services. Emergency Medical Transportation services required for people with high range of critical or life & death situation. The Patient will be provided with all medical aid and monitoring round the clock. The various end users assessed include private paying customers, hospitals, medical centers, nursing care facilities and airport shuttle. In 2017, hospitals segment is the dominant end user which accounted for nearly 46% of the global healthcare transportation services revenue and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of nearly 5% during the forecast period. This segment is estimated to continue its dominance in the coming years with increasing number of hospitals especially in the developed nations and increasing need for cost reductions and more reach
Market Research and Market Trends of Healthcare Transportation Services
- Ridesharing is a popular option for healthcare transportation, but there are fraud and abuse risks
- Many hospitals and healthcare providers are providing healthcare transportation services to the patients who require non-emergency healthcare transportation to get different healthcare services. In usual ridesharing model, large and more adaptable group of part-time drivers can boost their income when there is a demand and can shrink when there is no demand. On the other hand patients also will not miss their appointments. To maximum extent, this initiative will work out and offer benefit to the people under medical risk.
- Drones would be the Future of healthcare transportation services
- Soon, Drones going to drop-down the medical kit and other stuffs in customer door steps.
- Researchers around the world come up with an innovative trend of making drones to carry automated external defibrillators to the sites of cardiac arrest cases faster than ambulances. Even a medical professional is not present at the site, when an AED carried by drone arrives to the spot, a non-medical professional can also go through the process of using it by his/her own hand. These drones are capable to travel even to places which are difficult for easy human access such as tribal and reserved areas.
- Introducing UBER Health, Removing Transportation as a barrier to care
- It is a dashboard which provides flexible solutions for healthcare professionals to pick rides for patients visiting to healthcare center’s they need. The dashboard is integrated with UBER Health API which provides information on healthcare products. Even a smartphone is not mandate to access the service, rather a text message is enough for accessing the nearby healthcare services.
Who are the Major Players in Healthcare Transportation Services market?
The companies referred to in the market research report include DHL Healthcare, ATS Healthcare Solutions., Xpress Non-Emergency Medical Transportation., Logisticare, American Medical Response., ProHealth Care., and other 10 more companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.