The wearable medical devices market is valued at $29,568.5 million in 2017 and anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 21.30% from 2018-2023. The North American region experienced huge demand for the products in 2017 generating over 13,975.4 million in 2017. The APAC region on the other hand is poised to experience huge growth during the forecast period growing at a CAGR of 21.30%. The monitoring and diagnostic wearable devices were popular across region and had generated an estimated $24,364.1 million in revenues in 2017.
What is Wearable Medical Devices?
Wearable medical devices are monitoring devices for of patients which can be used to continuously track a patient’s health condition remotely. The rising prevalence of lifestyle diseases such as diabetic, hypertension and obesity are increasing the demand for wearable medical devices which monitor the medical issues and store the data in the product and forward the same data to the physicians which can be used to analyze and monitor the patient’s health on a continuous basis.
Wearable medical devices are available for monitoring different purposes such as sleep monitoring devices, fetal monitoring devices and many other devices. Sleep monitoring devices have to be worn overnight to enable the device to record the oxygen intake and the sleep lapse time and the same data is sent to the physician for analysis and treatment if necessary.
What are the major applications for Wearable Medical Devices Market?
On the basis of application wearable medical devices are applied in some specific areas like home health care, remote patient monitoring, fitness and sports. In fitness the wearable health care helps in monitoring the number of calories burnt by the person and it also gives the information on how many calories have to be brunt still.
Market Research and Market Trends of Wearable Medical Device Market:
- ItoM medical, a company based in Netherlands has launched a new launch of ItoM medical which is a wireless asthma monitoring device employing diaphragmatic activity measurement in combination with a dry electrode solution which enables the patients with asthma to control their asthma attacks easily.
- Wearable to detect chronic conditions like diabetes, Kidney disease and few types of cancers without the need of any blood test was developed and introduced in the market. This is achieved by measuring the chemical composition of peoples sweat. The wearable device transmits data obtained from the sensors to a mobile application using integrated RFID antenna which help the users to track and analyze data including their ph. levels.
- Charity Autism Together, a service provider for children with autism launched a biometric wristband which helps the autistic people to measure minute physiological changes in the body such as skin surface, heart rate and swearing. This product helps to identify periods of high anxiety enabling them to step in and head off any behavior changes.
- The Mayo foundation and Itamar Medical has signed an agreement for WatchPAT which is a portable diagnostic device that uses finger based physiology to enable simple and obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) testing which will avoid the complexity and discomfort associated with the air-flow based systems.
- Flexible patches is a technology which is used to track the user’s body temperature over time. These continuous remote monitoring devices are more often used for young children and cancer patients which are generally placed near the user armpit and gives notification of the patient’s temperature such as fever and remind the patient to take medicines through a mobile app.
Who are the Major Players in Wearable Medical Device market?
The companies referred in the market research report includes Fitbit, Philips, Lifewatch, Garmin, Omron, Nokia technologies, Apple Inc, Google Inc, Plar, Jawbone, Xiamoi and more than 10 other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.