Bioactive Wound Care Market Overview:
The bioactive wound care market consists wide range of wound dressings. The wound dressings in this market are known for their biodegradable properties and their ability to fight microbial infections. These wound dressings also have anti-biotic feature which helps in healing and controls infections. The market for bioactive wound care is growing rapidly across North America and Europe. The bioactive wound care market is expanding slowly in Middle East. The Global bioactive wound care market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.56% to reach 5.17 billion by 2021.
Bioactive Wound Care Market Outlook:
Bioactive wound care products are the replacement for the traditional wound healing products. The old traditional wound healing products are less effective when compared to the bioactive wound care products. The bioactive wound care products reduce the time taken for wound healing and they’re also cost effective. These bioactive wound care products are produced from artificial and natural sources. The bioactive wound care market can be segmented based on the type of products available in the market. The type of products are further classified on basis of the interaction of the product to the wound that is first line interactive dressing products and second line interactive dressing products. The first line interactive dressing products work with skin to heal the wound whereas the second line interactive dressing products are used for specific wounds. The bioactive wound care market can also be segmented on basis of the wound type. The bioactive wound care products are used to heal wounds caused by Ulcers, surgeries, Traumatic Situations, gunshots, burns and so on. The end users of this market are mainly medical institutions like hospitals and trauma centers. Armed forces and pharmacy stores also fall under the end users category for this market.
Bioactive Wound Care Market Growth drivers:
The Bioactive Wound care market has a vast customer base across the globe. The population in many regions are susceptible to chronic diseases like diabetes. The demand for bioactive wound care products can come from just born babies to the old age population. The bioactive wound care is the main segment of the $15 billion wound care industry. The market has seen an inclined growth due to increase of population effected with chronic and acute wounds.
Bioactive Wound Care Market Challenges:
Bioactive wound care products are expensive when compared to traditional wound care products. It is estimated that 4% of healthcare expenditure is spent on Wound care whereas the majority share of expenditure is the hospitalization fee. The cost of the bioactive wound care products is showing its impact on the overall treatment cost. For an example, Apligraf dressing by Organogenesis costs $32.71/cm. since the cost of the bioactive wound care products is high, the consumers are switching to traditional wound care products.
Bioactive Wound Care Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2017, with forecast done up to 2023. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the Bioactive Wound Care Market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats
Bioactive Wound Care (SAP) Market Report: Industry Coverage
Bioactive Wound Care Market – By Product type: first line interactive dressing products, second line interactive dressing products
Bioactive Wound Care Market – By Wound type: surgical wounds, ulcers, gunshot wounds, traumatic wounds, burns
Bioactive Wound Care Market – By End-User industry: hospitals, trauma centers, armed forces, pharmacy stores
The Bioactive Wound Care Market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
- APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Bioactive Wound Care Market Key Players Perspective:
Some of the kKey players in this market that have been studied for this report include: 3M Healthcare, Smith & Nephew plc, Convatec Inc., Covidien, Acelity Inc., Mölnlycke Health Care, Oorganogenesis and others.
Market Research and Market Trends of Bioactive Wound Care Market
- Molnlycke has acquired a German wound care company named SastoMed GmbH on. With this acquirement, Molnlycke adds two innovative wound healing products to their portfolio. Among those two products, a product named Granulox has won the innovation Award at EWMA (European Wound Management Association) 2018.
- Coloplast has confirmed their plan to set up a new warehouse in Peterborough. The company has begun the work for their new 135,000 sq. ft. distribution warehouse which will increase their ability to serve their customers from U.K. the new warehouse is expected get ready by august 2019.
- Scientist from USA have found out a new method for preparing cross-linked collagen based wound care dressing. This new method also helps in making bioactive medical scaffolds for hernia repair prosthetics and surgical incision closure.
- Acelity L.P.Inc has acquired a UK based advanced wound care company named Crawford Healthcare. With this acquisition, Acelity has enlarged their portfolio of advanced wound dressings.