The global nanocellulose market is estimated to surpass $XX billion by 2023 growing at an estimated rate of more than XX% during 2018 to 2023. An increasing demand for technological advancements in end-user industries like paperboard and plastics, textiles, food packaging, pharmaceutical, biomedical, paints is driving the nanocellulose market
What is Nanocellulose?
Nano cellulose extracted from wood fibers has exceptional strength as compared with other lightweight materials used to manufacture high-strength and durable materials. It is basically a plastic material which exists in various forms.
There are variety of applications for nano cellulose, including the manufacture of both paper and board. With regard to paper/board, nano cellulose could be used as a strengthening agent in paper with high filler content. Other areas of application may be surface sizing and coating, or as a barrier material against oxygen, water vapor, grease or oil in food packaging.
Nano cellulose market poised to grow a higher rate owing to higher demand from packaging applications. Nano cellulose packaging materials substitute paper-based packaging as they deliver benefits such as lightweight and sustainability.
This report incorporates an in-depth assessment of nanocellulose market by type, technology, applications and geography. Nanocellulose can be categorized as Microfibrillated Cellulose (MFC), Nano-crystalline Cellulose (NCC) and Bacterial Nanocellulose (BNC).
What are the major applications for Nanocellulose?
Nanocellulose is a natural nanomaterial, with useful mechanical properties that can be effectively used in packaging applications. Nanocellulose products offer great potential for various applications due to their superior characteristics. There are many prospective markets for nanocellulose based materials where foreseen applications include low-end large-scale commodity applications in the pulp and paper sector, mid-range applications like food additives, construction materials, textiles and automotive and other high-end applications. Compared with regular paper, the low roughness of nanopaper makes it suitable for printable electronics with high printing quality.
Nano cellulose sheets in electronic sector can be used for electronic displays and windows. Also nano cellulose based sensors could help in monitoring structures like bridges to detect their stress levels. In the medical field, nano cellulose can be used for water absorbent pads and antimicrobial films. These can also be used in non-woven products or tissues.
Market Research and Market Trends of Nanocellulose Ecosystem
- Nanocellulose is a promising material to prepare renewable and biodegradable electronics devices, and has become a significant research topic for the development of the next generation of ‘green’ flexible electronics.
- The packaging industry faces an increasing demand for cost-effective biodegradable materials for packaging applications. Also, strict regulations regarding the usage of non-biodegradable packaging especially for food industry is expected to drive demand for sustainable light weight packaging material in the near future.
- Nano cellulose can be considered as green flooding agent and can successfully replace the current flooding agents used in oil recovery. The properties of nano cellulose that enhance the oil recovery are high dispersity, phase behavior, rheology and its ability to emulsify.
Who are the major players in Nanocellulose market?
The companies referred to in the market research report include Nippon Paper Group Inc.(Japan), Melodea Ltd.(Israel), Kruger Inc.(Canada), Innventia AB (Sweden), Daicel FineChem Ltd.(Tokyo), Sappi Ltd., CelluForce Inc.(Quebec), , American Process Inc.(U.S.), J. Rettenmaire & Sohne GmBH (JRS), Borregard ASA(Norway), Asahi Kasei Corporation(Japan), and Stora Enso (Finland) are among others.
What is our report scope?
The report gives in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable as per your needs to a certain extent. Wealso provide 20 free consulting hours for purchase of each report, enabling you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), volume (units) and value ($m). Country level data is provided based on – product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitors’ performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and increase efficiency of your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&As, deals, partnerships, and product launches of all key players in the past four years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than 20 top countries, for the market.