Sodium reduction has been one of the emerging trends in the food industry supporting the wider trend of low or free from foods. The global sodium reduction ingredients market has recorded annual revenue of $882.7 million in 2017 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 12.2% during the forecast period 2018-2023. Mineral salt is the single largest segment in the sodium reduction ingredients market in the perspective of ingredient type. The revenue of mineral salt is $527.4 million in 2017 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12.3% during 2018 to 2023.
What is Sodium reduction Ingredient?
Sodium is considered as an essential nutrient which is vital to the harmonious functioning of the body. Sodium though found important for many biological processes in the human body, it is also responsible for creating hypertension and cardiovascular diseases. Therefore sodium reduction ingredients are used to reduce the sodium levels in the food products by providing similar taste and functionalities of salt. Ingredients such as amino acids, yeast extracts, potassium chloride, and others are mainly used as sodium reduction ingredients.
What are the major applications for Sodium reduction ingredient?
The various end users assessed include dairy products, bakery, confectionary, soup, meat products, sauce and dressings and others.
Market Research and Market Trends of Sodium Reduction Ingredients
- With the developments of new products such as Mediterranean Umami that includes natural vegetable extracts and sea-salt has solved the challenge of reducing sodium significantly in processed foods while being natural and clean-label. With the developments of these products, companies get the advantage to formulate lower sodium in the applications such as soups, sauces, bakery and other packed foods.
- Resolve, a food and beverage ingredient Startup Company has introduced a new brand MSE, with Salt Reduction Ingredient technology. The company discovered that novel ingredient technologies and manufactures custom ingredient blends. MSE is a sensory enhancer that's a spray-dried, white powder that reduces topical salt usage. 0.1% topical usage of MSE has been shown to cause up to 40% salt reduction in snacks.
- Recently, National Dairy Council has undertaken research to develop methods for rapid direct sodium testing of cheese to enable cheese makers to make adjustments in real time and tighten the variability of sodium content. These initiatives are enhancing the sodium reduction ingredients market growth at present and are estimated to continue the same during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Players in Sodium Reduction Ingredients Market?
The companies referred in the market research report include Cargill Inc. (U.S.), Royal DSM N.V. (The Netherlands), Ajinomoto Co Inc. (Japan), Jungbunzlauer AG (Switzerland), Innophos Holding Inc. (U.S.), and 10 others.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.