Starch derivatives Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2017, with forecast done up to 2023. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the Starch derivatives Market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the types of plastics in the electric vehicle market, and their specific applications in different types of vehicles.
Starch derivatives (SAP) Market Report: Industry Coverage
Starch derivatives Market– by Types of Derivatives: Starch Ethers, Cross-linked Starches, Starch Esters, Graft Copolymerized
Starches, Complex Starches, Converted Starches: Dextrin, British gums, Maltodextrins, Oxidized and Thin-boiling starches, Pre-gelatinized Starches, Microbial polysaccharides, Natural Gum Derivatives, and other Modified Starches
Starch derivatives Market– by Raw Material: Wheat, Corn, Potato, Sorghum, Tapioca and others.
Starch derivatives Market – By Method of Application: Binder, Thickener and stabilizer, Cake Mix, Sweetener, Lustering Agent, Powdering agent, Fish Culture Feed, Expanded Feed, Caking agent, Shampoo, Dehumidification Agent, Culture Medium, Wet End additive for Paper, Corrugated Paper, Printing, Glass fiber, Foundry, Color, Ceramic Fiber, Cement retardant, Dry Cell and others.
Starch derivatives Market – By End User Industry: Food and beverage industry, Medical Industry, Agricultural Industry, Chemical Industry, Personal Care and Hygiene Industry, Paper and Pulp Industry, Textile Industry, Manufacturing Industry, Construction Industry and others.
The Starch derivatives Market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
- APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Starch derivatives Market Key Players Perspective:
On 6 July, the EU and Japan signed a political agreement on an Economic Partnership after 4 years of negotiations. Starch Europe welcomes the agreement and looks forward to improved access to the Japanese market for EU starch products.
Reacting to the news of the agreement reached, Jamie Fortescue, Starch Europe Managing Director, said:
‘With customs duties as high as 900 Euros per tonne for some starch products, access to the Japanese market for EU starch producers today is extremely challenging. The political agreement signed on 6 July should pave the way to new export opportunities for many EU starch producers. Starch Europe looks forward to the publication of the details of the concessions granted on EU starch products and hopes the deal will be finalised and implemented with minimum delay. We much appreciate the work of Commissioner Malmström and Commissioner Hogan in achieving this important step for the EU-Japan trade and thank them for their continued commitment to its rapid completion.’
Some of the Key players in this market that have been studied for this report include: Cargill Inc., Tate & Lyle, Avebe, Ciranda, Archer Daniels Midland, Ingredion, NIC Starch Products Ltd., Agrana Group, Emsland Starke Gmbh, Beneo Gmbh and many more.
Market Research and Market Trends of Starch derivatives Market
- Many major key players within the starch Industry, such as Avebe and Ingredion have invested heavily in product capacity expansions and setting up new plants as a result of the growing demand from the food and beverages industry, pharmaceutical industry and many more. ADM has acquired Chamtor, a French wheat processing company, in 2017 thus boosting its starch production capabilities as well.
- There is Research being done in Nigeria, an importer of $200 million worth starch, for finding alternative sources for the production of starch and its derivatives, instead of Tapioca, a staple food in Nigeria, so as to compete in a the global market. The research done so far by the Raw material and Research and Development Council has shown that Tacca involucrate, a non-staple resource, is the most plausible alternative for starch production.
- There is an upsurge in the experimentation within the food and beverages industry of introducing new textures and feels for the consumers within the food and beverages industry. This is a growth factor for the starch additives markets as starch additives make up the texturants for the food and beverages industry.
- A major trend that is seen in the related market is the increasing number of companies that are also coming up with products that are Non-GMO verified so as to supply to the increasing demand for these products from the USA and Europe.