Augmented reality (AR) can be defined as a live direct or indirect view of a physical, real-world environment whose elements are augmented (or supplemented) by computer-generated sensory input such as sound, video, graphics or GPS data as against virtual reality which replaces the real world with a simulated one. Augmented reality (AR) is related to a more general concept called mediated reality, in which a view of reality is modified (possibly even diminished rather than augmented) by a computer. Globally increasing demand of smartphones, PDAs and wearable devices is expected to be the key growth driver for the mobile augmented reality market during the period of study.
Geographically North America is expected to account for the largest share of the overall mobile augmented reality market in 2016 due to technological advancement, tech savvy citizen and better mobile network infrastructure. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as second and third largest market for mobile augmented reality. However with growing technology user base, rapidly developing infrastructure, increasing technology penetration amongst most parts of region are some of the major factors which are expected to make Asia-Pacific one of the fastest growing region in the world which is also expected to overtake Europe and North America as the largest revenue contributor by 2021.
This report identifies the global mobile augmented reality market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global mobile augmented reality market.
This report segments global mobile augmented reality market on the basis of component, vertical, application and regional market as follows:
- Mobile Augmented Reality Market, By Component: 3d Camera, Sensor, (Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, Global Positioning System (GPS) and Proximity Sensor), Semiconductor Component (Controller/Processor and Integrated Circuit), Display and Software Component
- Mobile Augmented Reality Market, By Application: Smartphones, Tablets, Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs)/Handheld Game Consoles, Smart Glasses and Wearables
- Mobile Augmented Reality Market, By Vertical: Consumer, Aerospace & Defence, Medical, Industrial, Tourism, E-Commerce and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the mobile augmented reality market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Qualcomm Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Infinity Augmented Reality Inc.
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Blippar.Com Ltd.