Augmented and Virtual Reality are the concepts that have been the part of public discussion for some time. These technologies have always been associated with the gaming industry, due to various pop culture movies and shows. In 2016, the release of Pokemon Go, brought a lot of people out of their houses to interact and catch these “Pokemon”. It involved visiting rest stops such as a café or a mall where one could obtain collectibles. Augmented and Virtual reality is expected to disrupt the gaming industry.
What is Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality?
Augmented Reality is an “enhanced” version of reality created using technology to add images, information or both into the environment. Virtual Reality is a form of simulated environment created with computer technology.
What are the applications of Augmented & Virtual Gaming?
Augmented & Virtual Reality will impact games in a sizeable way. Augmented Reality games have made their way to public places and several are location based, although virtual reality games will be restricted to certain areas such as homes, offices and parks, due to them being more immersive.
In order to access games with Augmented & Virtual Reality, players may require headsets, motion-tracking sensors or their mobile phones with AR/VR compatibility. For those who use headsets, a PC with a high-end graphics processor will be necessary or a console. These games may offer non-VR and non-AR modes, for those who don’t wish to purchase the technology at the present.
Market Research & Market Trends:
- New players entering the Augmented Reality Games market:
- Jurassic World: Alive and The Walking Dead: Our World, are two games that are expected to challenge Niantic in the augmented reality game market. These games involve people walking through numerous places for finding collectibles and taking part in events. We expect more competitors to enter the market, with similar offerings.
- Virtual Reality center opens in Macau:
- The costs of leveraging technology have allowed theme and amusement parks to keep one or two virtual rides in their park, however once the market reaches saturation, virtual reality parks may become a trend once the technology’s availability is more feasible for park owners. More companies may begin devising applications specifically for park vendors.
- Niantic acquires several AR companies:
- Niantic acquires Seismic Games and Escher Reality, in order to upgrade their AR offerings. There are games being offered with very similar elements, and the company is taking steps to innovate with potential features such as multiplayer or cross-platform. Competitors may already be testing these new features in games that have not been released.
- A new consortium to make headsets affordable to the majority:
- Companies such as NVIDIA, Oculus, AMD and Microsoft have formed a consortium to make virtual reality headsets affordable and accessible to more of the population. The potential drop in prices should increase purchases and these companies should reap the early benefits of the move.
Who are the key players in the Augmented & Virtual Reality Gaming?
The key players in the Augmented & Virtual Reality Gaming Industry are Niantic, Sony, Valve, Ubisoft, Next Games, Ludia Inc, Six To Start, esDot and various other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.