Initially, in sports events, broadcasters would place sponsors images on the content, such as a brand’s mascot when a batsman scored a boundary in a cricket match. In the present market, wearable’s are in demand, and currently people can purchase headsets, gloves, glasses and even suits.
However, some ambitious players such as Google, Samsung and Sony have purchased patents to develop AR/VR lenses, which will be fitted into the eye of the user. Most of the companies have not released any offerings to the consumers, as of yet.
What are Augmented & Virtual Reality contact lenses?
Augmented Reality is an “enhanced” version of reality created using technology to add images, information or both into the environment. Virtual Reality is a form of simulated environment created with computer technology. Although similar in concepts, Augmented Reality has been in use for some time, especially in the sports industry.
What are the applications of Augmented & Virtual Reality contact lenses?
The potential for applications with Augmented & Virtual Reality is up to the limit of human creativity. There are already mobile applications which provide functions such as navigation, gaming, education and healthcare.
It is expected to help in simulation of various environments, and perform functions such as thermal vision and enemy detection for the aerospace and defense industry, help in training the healthcare industry as well as the airline industry. The lens may also be used for interactive experiences in the entertainment industry such as streaming a concert or interactive experiences in the education industry.
Market Research & Market Trends:
- Apple continues strategic acquisition of AR startups:
- Apple has acquired SensoMotoric Instruments Ltd, an eye tracking technology firm for applications in AR and VR. This continues Apple’s quiet streak of strategic acquisitions such as Flyby Media, Emotient and Metaio. This acquisition signals Apple’s entry into development of the next possible platform for Augmented & Virtual Reality.
- Samsung patented smart contact lenses in South Korea:
- Samsung has filed for a patent into the next possible platform for augmented & virtual reality. The patent, if successful, would give Samsung a first mover advantage in one of South East Asia’s major markets.
- Sony patented contact lenses for video-recording:
- Sony has filed a patent for smart lenses that can record what the user sees, which is a new application of the lenses, as compared to the proposed augmented reality lens of other companies.
- Purdue University, develops wearable contact lenses to monitor glucose:
- A university has developed a smart contact lens that will be able to monitor glucose and other medical conditions. We expect the electronic giants to take notice of such developments and intensify production of their own technology.
Who are the key players in the Augmented & Virtual Reality contact lenses?
The key players in the Augmented & Virtual Reality contact lenses market are Google (Now “Alphabet”), Sony, Samsung, Microsoft, Apple, Sensimed AG and various other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.