The basic difference between AR & VR is the user experience and user involvement in a situation. Augmented reality (AR)
is a technology that layers computer-generated enhancements atop an existing reality in order to make it more meaningful through the ability to interact with it whereas Virtual reality (VR)
can be defined as an artificial, computer-generated simulation or recreation of a real life environment or situation which immerses the user by making them feel like they are experiencing the simulated reality firsthand, primarily by stimulating their vision and hearing. Eyeglasses are devices which are used by users to experience the technology, AR & VR eyeglasses come into two most common types namely head up eyeglass and head mounted glass. Growing popularity, lowering cost of devices and an increasing technological user base are expected to remain some of the major growth drivers of the AR & VR eyeglasses market during the period of study.
Geographically, North America dominated the augmented & virtual reality eyeglass market driven by higher penetration of AR & VR technology in amongst its tech savvy residents, higher spending on such technologies. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as second and third largest market for the augmented & virtual reality eyeglass market. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth owing to a rapidly growing technological user base in the region especially in developing nations such as China, and India in this region.
This report identifies the augmented & virtual reality eyeglass market
size for the years 2014-2016, and forecast of the same till the year 2022. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to the augmented & virtual reality eyeglass market.This report segments the augmented & virtual reality eyeglass market on the basis of technology, device, application, and regional market as follows:
Sample Companies Profiled in this Report are:
- Augmented & Virtual reality eyeglass market research report is classified on the basis of device. Some of the major devices covered in this report are as follows: Augmented Reality Devices (Head-Mounted Displays, Head-Up Display (HUD)), Virtual Reality Devices (Head-Mounted Display (HMD)
- Augmented & Virtual reality eyeglass Industry market research report is classified on the basis of technology. Some of the major technologies covered in this report are as follows: AR Technology (Marker-Based Augmented Reality (Passive Marker, Active Marker), Markerless Augmented Reality, Model-Based Tracking, Image Processing-Based), VR Technology (Non-Immersive Technology, Semi-Immersive & Fully-Immersive Technologies)
- Augmented & Virtual reality eyeglass market research report is classified on the basis of application. Some of the major applications covered in this report are as follows: Gaming, Medical, Aerospace & Defence, Commercial and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
- Google Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Vuzix Corporation
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Qaulcomm Inc.