Software is a collection of data/computer instructions that help the computer/ media device to function. In case of Augmented Reality, it first burst onto the market via the use of mobile applications such as Ingress, Holo and Pokémon Go. These software are considered freemium software, where a user can access the basic features and has to pay to access additional features through in-game currency. The in-game currency can be accumulated through watching ads, downloading other applications or payment through card.
What are Augmented & Virtual Reality Software & Service?
Applications/uses of Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality have been depicted in various media such as films, television shows and advertisements for many years now. However, it was not until recently, that the concept became widely used. For many years, pilots in the military have used augmented reality, like locking on targets while in combat and flight altitude. However, through recent software released in the market, people have a much better understanding of the concepts.
What are the applications of Augmented & Virtual Reality Software & Service?
Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality Software would be available in various forms. They could be bifurcated into open-source, freemium and proprietary. Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality Services would
Market Research & Market Trends:
- Apple and Pixar collaborate to create specialized file format for augmented reality:
- In order to standardize the file format for applications that use Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality technology, the companies will be launching USDZ for catering to the files requirement.
- Augmented Reality incorporated by Facebook in its application:
- Users of social media networks such as Facebook and Instagram will be able to connect with popular brands such as Sephora, Michael Kors etc. and experience their products virtually to speed up their purchase decision process.
- Augmented Reality game developer Niantic has acquired computer vision software company:
- Niantic, known for works such as Pokemon Go and Ingress, have purchased Matrix Mill, a startup that develops neural networks for inferring 3D information about the surrounding world. We can expect only improvements in the existing and future offerings.
- Zappar, a startup, aims to ease AR experience creation for people without coding experience:
- People with no prior experience in coding, will be able to create and share custom AR experiences, claims Zappar, a startup that aims to widen the size of the AR applications market.
Who are the key players in the Augmented & Virtual Reality Software & Service?
The key players in the Augmented & Virtual Reality Software & Service market are Mozilla, Google, Apple, Pixar, Facebook, Amazon, IKEA, BMW, Zappar and various other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.